Oshizu Murasame, the ghost of a girl who died in the old abandoned school building 400 years ago. Since her meeting with Rito and the others, she begins exploring the world outside the old school building. Oshizu is aware of Haruna's crush on Rito by her ability to sense feelings while possessing another person and becomes very supportive towards cheering Haruna into confessing her feelings to him.
Her real name is Shizu Murasame, but she likes to be called Oshizu better.
Oshizu has long blue hair and eyes. In her ghost form, she wears a white kimono and purple sash, she also has light colored flames flouting around her, can be slightly see through and instead of legs she has a ghostly tail. She looks the same in her human body only with any ghost features, on some occasions, when working at Mikado's clinic, she is seen wearing a pink nurses uniform. With either of her outfits, she always wears two beige ribbons in her hair.
Oshizu is sincere, kind, and very curious about the modern world and has a severe case of cynophobia (fear of dogs), likened to Haruna Sairenji's level of fear to the supernatural (who also has a pet dog), the cause of this is unknown. When frightened of other things, she can emit blasts of mental stress, blowing apart various objects and surroundings with her poltergeist power, she also tends leave her body by accident when scared or excited. Oshizu can also be a bit of a blockhead because she easily misinterprets certain situations and can go off topic. Oshizu is quite determined about helping Haruna confess her love for Rito by using her powers. But that usually ends up in a perverted accident.
Oshizu comes form an era that was described as a "living hell" due to a lot of people desperately starving from a famine do to a drought. The cause of her death is unknown. It's hinted that she was used as a sacrifice to try to make it rain.
After 400 years, Oshizu "returns" to the living after Ryoko Mikado creates a prosthetic body for her to inhabit, built with biological qualities (looking and feeling like an actual, human body). However, she occasionally "disconnects" from her body during brief moments of excitement or being frightened dogs. She currently works as an assistant for Mikado her medic. In the first anime, Oshizu is not given a new body and her presence is limited, while in the OVA and Motto To Love-Ru and so on, she has her own body as she does in the manga.
Powers and Abilities Edit
As a ghost, she is capable of flight, intangibility, psychokinesis, ect. while in her human body most of her ghost powers are limited but she is still able to use abilities such as psychokinesis and poltergeist. However, Mikado said that if Oshizu overuses her powers, her spirit would disappear.
Although she technically has good intentional control over her powers, her vulnerability to distractions as well as her panics around dogs make her easily lose control, with disastrous results. Interestingly, when her powers go berserk, they inexplicably cause all kinds of perverted mishaps around Rito, such as stripping the clothes of girls in front of him, or throwing him over those girls into a provocative position. This is something that Mea likes taking adventage of.
- Flight: A most basic ghost ability, Oshizu is capable of flying.
- Intangibility: Another basic ghost ability that lets her thase throw walls and capable of making contact with other intangible ghosts.
- Possession: Oshizu is capable of possessing others and control thier movements. While she possesses others, she can also enter thier subconscious and look through their memories and understand their feelings, especially feelings towards others, this ability is similer to Mea's Psycho-Dive.
- Telepathy: Oshizu has extrasensory perception, In To Love-Ru chapter 144, she was able to sense the aura of another ghost that haunted Zastin's apartment.
- Psychokinesis: By pointing with her fingers, she is able to move objects with her mind without any physical contact and create poltergests. She can also use this to control the bodies of other people's will without possessing them.
- Concentrated Psychokinetic Power: She can create huge forces of shockwaves that can blast through walls and create force fields strong enough to seal a micro black hole.
- Psycho-Pyrokinesis: She can also use her psychokinesis to control the flames floating around her (when in ghost form) to target her opponents and set them on fire similar to pyrokinesis, it's unknown if this effects other living things or just other spirits.
- Exorcism: Oshizu is also capable of exorcism, by subsequently pulling out the spirit that possessed Zastin.
Due to being Mikado's assistant for a while now, Oshizu picked up some medical skills to be able to heal others but she quite clumsy and she would hurt others instead, especialy when frightened.
- She appeared in Mayoi Neko Overrun! as a customer (with Haruna).
- In Mayoi Neko Overrun! Murasame is the name of a family who owns an academy/orphanage, with excellent students and the most excellent would be adopted to the family. It's uknown if this is a connection to Oshizu's name.
- Being over 400 years old she is easily the most oldest character of the series.