|Unusual Features|| Body Transformation|
|Relatives|| Mea Kurosaki|
|Manga||Darkness Chapter 23|
|Anime||Darkness Episode 3 (Silhouette)|
Because she wants Yami to join her and become an assassin again and wants Rito for herself (as her servant) because of his ability to influence Yami and Mea, Nemesis is essentially also the direct antagonist to Momo's plan to include Yami, various other girls and herself into a harem for Rito.
Her real name is unknown and the name 'Nemesis' is based from Project Nemesis, a weapon project that was organized by the assassin organization that created both Yami and Mea. However, this project, as stated by Tearju Lunatique, was a failure and Nemesis is a survivor from the project.
Nemesis is a petite-looking girl with long black hair, golden eyes with vertical silt pupils and tanned-skin. Based on her physical appearance, Rito had mistaken her as a little girl. However, she can change her appearance into anything she desires, such as a crow or a cat, or change her herself into a well-endowed adult woman. She has taken to giving herself cat ears often.
At first she wore a scanty black dress, but she used her abilities to change it into a black yukata (claiming how effective it is in a fight) with a star shaped gap symbol on it (similar to the one Yami and Mea have on the chest of their black gothic clothing) and she has a yellow sash wrapped around her waist. When she changed to black yukata first time she had a cat mask which combine with taichi figure covered left side of her head as decoration.
Nemesis is sadistic, mischievous, domineering and mysterious. She believes that a transformation weapon's only purpose for living is killing. She is often seen hiding in the shadows observing Rito, his friends, and their daily lives through Mea, until she began to approach them herself. She also has an eery and erotic side to her and finds Rito's shyness arousing and would like to have him as her servant. She said that she doesn't have full control over her erotic personality and would act it on impulse. Upon her first appearance, her erotic tendencies quickly earned an uneasy impression from Rito and a strong dislike from Momo. She can be quite patient, like instead of persuading Yami to return to her old heartless life, she decides to wait until she uses the "Darkness ability", believing that Yami will return to that path naturally and that the "Darkness" will inevitably occur regardless of Yami's relationships on Earth.
Nemesis is said to be the only survivor of the tragic failure of "Project Nemesis", a different experiment from the project that created Golden Darkness. Mea remembers that Nemesis came to the fallen organization where she found Mea and decided to raise her. At that time, both their physical condition were unstable and Nemesis used her ability to fuse with her to stabilize herself. Nemesis always created images of herself to make Mea believe that they are both speaking to each other as seperate people, and Mea was unaware that Nemesis existed insider her body.
Nemesis taught Mea that the purpose of a Transformation Weapon is to kill. She also taught her about her sister, Golden Darkness, whom they came to Earth to bring back into space as who she was before.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Few of Nemesis' powers have been fully revealed in detail, but it appears that her primary ability is a Transform ability called Transfusion, which allowed her to fuse her mind and body with Mea. She has also demonstrated the Transformation ability to shapeshift her body, much like Golden Darkness and Mea, but it is currently unknown if these abilities are borrowed from Mea's body, or if she is capable of using them on her own.
- Transfusion: This is Nemesis' own unique ability, which allows her to fuse her body with that of another entity. She was forced to fuse herself with the body of Mea Kurosaki, where she continued to watch things happen around Mea from inside her body. Nemesis explained that she used this ability when she first met Mea because at the time, Nemesis was in a physically unstable condition, and so she needed to exist inside Mea's body as a vessel until she can stabilize herself, and then she can leave Mea's body.
- While under Transfusion, she is able to communicate with Mea, and even create an image of herself in her mind, so as to give Mea the illusion of them speaking with each other face to face in the physical world. It is unknown if she can use Transfusion to fuse with other people, or just with other Transformation Weapons.
- When she is separated from someone she fused with, she emerges first as a formless black cloud and then compresses back together, Momo noted that this cloud looks ominously familiar to her.
- Mental Manipulation/Body Jack: It is heavily implied, if not confirmed, that she is able to briefly hijack the bodies of several lesser-minded individuals even if they were conscious beforehand. While under such effects, her victims have the appearance of zombies and borrow a fraction of her strength in order to hold their own in battle. It is also shown that she is able to speak through them, as she speaks through Saruyama in order to communicate with Yami.
- Tranformation Ability: Nemesis has demonstrated the same transformation ability as Yami and Mea. She is capable of transforming any part of her body due to the nano machines within her. Although the full extent of this is unknown. Also, due to the fact that she was fused physically with Mea for a good portion of the series, it is unknown how much of this is a product of her own powers or if she was simply borrowing Mea's.
- Hair Manipulation: Like Yami and Mea, Nemesis can also control the movement of her hair and transform it into any animate object like a key or an umbrella. It is yet unknown what other kind of transformation she can create with her hair.
- Body Transformation: Before showing her true self, she disguised as Mikan when she approached Yami, Momo and Rito. Nemesis can also alter her appearance and reshape her body to look more adult-like.
- Animal Transformation: She can fully transform into animals, even those much smaller than herself, such as a crow or a cat. This ability is something that not even Yami or Mea are seen capable of doing (although they both have been shown to create partial animal forms). She can also grow a pair of butterfly wings to fly.
- Vocal Alteration/Imitation: In addition to her shape shifting abilities, she can also change her voice to sound just like anyone.
- Attire Transformation: She is able to transform her clothing, as seen when she switches between a black nightgown and a yukata. She is also seen wearing a maid outfit.